COVID-19 Updates & Support
The Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce, along with our community partners, is closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as the situation continues to evolve and staying informed from health and government officials. We are your resource and advocate during this unprecedented time.
CURRENT CDC GUIDANCE:
Due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases – largely due to the Delta variant – the CDC recently changed its mask wearing and testing recommendations. The CDC now recommends:
- Anyone who is exposed as close contact, regardless of vaccination status, be tested 3-5 days after exposure.
- All students and adults in K-12 schools wear a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- All people in areas where transmission levels are substantial or high wear a mask when indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
CHARLEVOIX COUNTY STATUS: high transmission level
Our Response - Supporting Charlevoix
As the Charlevoix community moves from understanding COVID-19, mitigating the local risk, and recovering from the effects, the Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce will be prepared to work hard, collaborate, and adapt for our members. Our priority is the health and safety of our businesses, employees, and community.
We have created the following goals for our organization in response to COVID-19:
PROVIDING COMMUNITY INFORMATION & BUSINESS RESOURCES
We aim to be a go-to resource and collaborative partner for our community members, business owners, and area employees. We will stay up-to-date on health and governmental guidelines and disperse that information as quickly as possible.
- Maintain the COVID-19 webpage on Charlevoix.org containing community and business resources, such as direct links to health official information, governmental updates, unemployment changes, and loan assistance programs
- Communicate consistently with our membership to relay our COVID-19 response efforts and promote continued connection with our team and with the Chamber community
PROMOTING CREATIVE COMMERCE & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
We will promote that Charlevoix remains open for business while maintaining health and governmental guidelines regarding social distancing and safe practices. We have a community with many recreational and business activities that can still be enjoyed with the current regulations, and we have a strong hospitality industry that has adapted to fulfill both the community’s needs and their business needs.
- Adapt and continue ‘Charlevoix is OPEN’ messaging, while monitoring and ensuring health regulations are adhered to, to promote businesses, services, and activities that remain available traditionally, remotely, and virtually
- Research and promote to members creative methods to continue to deliver their services, such as live-streaming, online retail, delivery services, and tele-communication
UNDERSTANDING & ADVOCATING FOR CRITICAL POLICY DECISIONS
As updates on the spread and mitigation efforts of COVID-19 are rapidly changing, so too are the legislative decisions and resources being made available federally and state-wide. We remain connected with our governmental officials and partner economic development organizations to stay educated on the business resources being made available and to advocate for the decisions that need to be made to weaken the economic impact to our community.
- Participate in conference calls, webinars, and other informational channels with our regional partners and state-wide/national organizations to have a full understanding of legislative decisions and business resources
- Share up-to-date legislative decisions and business resources through our COVID-19 web page on Charlevoix.org, direct emails, and Facebook updates, and remain fully available via phone and email for our members and their employees