Chamber Employment Opportunities
CHAMBER OPERATIONS & SERVICES COORDINATOR
The Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking an Operations and Services Coordinator to handle organizational operations along with member and guest services. This position will provide the candidate experience in a variety of skillsets and industries - non-profit organization operation, hospitality, marketing, administrative assistance, event coordination, to name a few!
Qualified candidates will have a proven track record of outstanding service, professionalism, and a drive to exceed expectations. Applicants must have the ability to multi-task as responsibilities include responding to member and guest needs, fulfilling membership receivables, sharing area information, maintaining office supplies and equipment, and assisting in assorted organizational projects such as event preparation and data collection, and communicating with other team members while maintaining a poised and friendly demeanor.
This position is a PART-TIME, YEAR-ROUND position ideal for many candidates, great for those looking to fill some hours while focusing on your own home life or passion projects, or those looking to pair a position with evening and weekend work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to a diverse range of guest and member inquiries via e-mail, phone, and drop-in
- Ensure accuracy of membership database and website information
- Maintain inventory of and distribute maps, brochures, and other informational materials
- Assist in maintaining an organized office environment for staff, members, and guests
Member Billing Management
- Generate membership dues invoices monthly, and sponsorship and advertising invoices as applicable
- Follow accounts receivable processes for outstanding invoices with assistance of the President
- Receive and credit payments to appropriate accounts
- Prepare and send membership renewal packets monthly
- Organize and mail payables as directed by the President; maintain invoice records
- Assist in preparing receivables deposits weekly
- Maintain inventory of all office supplies and order more when necessary
- Assist in various operational tasks including but not limited to RFP solicitation, contract management and support, and maintenance of policies and procedures
- Network, engage and represent the Chamber at Chamber and community events
- Assist in event preparation, tasks including but not limited to booth placement, registration packets, and signage coordination
- Assist in membership communications and member retention initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate relationships with guests, members, vendors, volunteers, and community stakeholders.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize workload involving multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively as well as provide solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business community in the region.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to quickly learn and manage various computer programs used for communications, customer management, and design work.
- This is a part-time, weekday, year-round, hourly position; 3 days a week
- General operating hours are 9am to 5pm; occasional extended hours may be required based on Chamber or community event needs
About the Chamber
The Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization existing to serve our member businesses and organizations in the greater Charlevoix area. Our mission is to support commerce and provide leadership to enhance the quality of life in Charlevoix.
Our office is a casual, close-knit work family. We work hard for the organization, and we know how to have fun together. Chamber work is rewarding work. We get to build a thriving community with our partners. That starts here, with our team!
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position will remain open and resumes accepted until filled.
Posting Date: 1/16/2023