Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, your Boyne Area, Charlevoix Area and East Jordan Area Chambers of Commerce have been working tirelessly to promote, inform and support the businesses, organizations, residents and visitors of our area and region. The trusted and professional leadership of these three Chamber’s continue to provide updated information, guidance, education and encouragement through these unprecedented times. As a result of the ongoing pandemic, many of our special fundraising events and programs have had to be cancelled creating a tremendous financial loss and hardship to the operating budgets of these three organizations.
In a proactive and collaborative spirit, the three Chambers have teamed up to offer you an opportunity to help soften this financial hit with a one time
“Chamber Recharge” Raffle!
One lucky Chamber supporter will win $10,000.00
on November 16th at The Boathouse in East Jordan.
Only 300 tickets are being offered for purchase at $100.00 each. There will also be three “Experience Prizes” drawn valued at $500.00 each.
All proceeds will help the three Chambers to “recharge” their operating budgets and help them remain open, and able to move through the Covid-19 pandemic and continuing support to the communities.
To purchase a ticket, call:
Boyne Area Chamber at 231-582-6222
Charlevoix Area Chamber at 231-547-2101
East Jordan Area Chamber at 231-536-7351
Official Raffle Rules
These are the official rules (“rules”) for the Recharge Raffle (“Raffle”). The Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce, Boyne City Chamber of Commerce, and East Jordan Chamber of Commerce (“Chambers”) are hosting the raffle pursuant to license #R59244 issued by the State of Michigan. By entering the raffle, you (“entrant”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these rules, wave any right to claim ambiguity in the raffle or these rules, and further agree to be bound by the Chambers decisions and interpretation of these rules. Accordingly, you should read these rules carefully before entering the raffle.
- Organization conducting raffle: The raffle is being conducted by the Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerice, in partnership with the Boyne Area and East Jordan Area Chambers of Commerce (“Chambers”). The Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce is solely responsible for the raffle, the administration of these rules, and the awarding of the raffle prize. The raffle will be conducted in accordance with the State of Michigan Charitable Gaming Commission requirements pursuant to License #R59244. Net proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Chambers.
- Eligibility: The raffle is open to all U.S. Citizens and legal U.S. residents, who are at least 18 years of age at the time of the raffle drawing date, November 16, 2020. Employees of the Chambers are not eligible to win.
- How to enter: Tickets may be purchased $100 for one ticket. Tickets may be purchased in-person from an authorized employee or volunteer of the Chambers, by completing the entry stub and handing the completed official entry stub along with payment to the employee/volunteer present; or, tickets may be purchased over the phone by calling the Charlevoix, Boyne City, or East Jordan Chamber offices. If tickets are purchased over the phone, they may be picked up in person or postage can be paid to have them delivered to you. The Chambers will use the information you enter when completing the purchase to complete the official entry stub for you.
Tickets will be sold up until 12:00pm on November 16, 2020. Subject to availability. Entrants may purchase as many tickets as desired; tickets are personal and can only be issued in the name of one individual entrant. The prize will not be issued to anyone other than the entrant whose name is on the official entry stub and is not transferable. All sales are final and no refunds will be issued for tickets purchased for this raffle.
You have not entered the raffle until your entry stub with full payment has been accepted by the Chambers. Acceptance of your entry submission will be completed to you by delivery of your ticket stub.
No more than 300 tickets will be sold. The Chambers may cancel the raffle and refund all tickets if enough tickets are not sold to cover the cost of running the Raffle.
- Odds of winning: the odds of winning are 1 in 300.
- Method for awarding prizes: The drawing for the prize will take place at the Boathouse on Lake Charlevoix, 204 Water St, East Jordan MI 49727 on November 16, 2020 at 4:30pm. The drawing will be conducted by employees of the Chambers or an uninterested third-party determined by the Chambers in its sole discretion. The winning ticket will be randomly selected from the accepted entries. You need not be present at the drawing to win. Entrants can watch the drawing via live stream on the Charlevoix, Boyne City, and East Jordan Chamber Facebook pages. Should extenuating circumstances arise for that drawing date and location, the Chambers may change the drawing location.
Prize: the prize to be awarded is as follows:
Top prize: $10,000 Cash
2nd prize: Boyne City raffle basket
3rd prize: East Jordan raffle basket
4th prize: Charlevoix raffle basket
Prize cannot be substituted by the winner. The Chambers reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its discretion.
- Notification: entrant whose ticket is drawn (“winner”) at the drawing will be notified verbally at the event. Notification will then be made within 48 hours by phone, email, and/or written notification through U.S. mail using the information provided on the entry stub.
Winner is responsible for pick-up of the prize. If pick-up cannot be completed by December 16th for any reason, the Chambers will arrange mailing the prize with the winner assuming all risk of loss of the prize on the earlier of the date it is received or after December 16, 2020, at 11:59pm.
If the Winner cannot be located; or fails to respond to attempts at contact or to claim the prize within ten (10) days of the drawing; or fails to provide all information requested to be eligible to win, including proof of age, proof of identity, and demonstrable proof that the person claiming the prize is the same Entrant named on the winning Ticket and the winning Ticket stub; or fails to remit any and all taxes due, Winner may be deemed to have forfeited the Prize, and the Chambers may elect to draw another Ticket to select a new Winner. No further tickets will be sold prior to any additional drawing.
- General Conditions
The winner must execute and provide the Chambers, in forms acceptable to the Chambers: (1) an affidavit of eligibility, attesting to the winners eligibility and compliance with the rules; (2) a liability release, releasing the sponsors from any liability arising out of the raffle; and (3) a publicity release, allowing the Chambers to use the winners name, likeness, voice, biographical information and any other related information for publicity purposes. The winner will also be required to provide any information needed by Chambers to comply with applicable laws and regulations, including those relating to payment of income taxes.
The Chambers reserve the right, exercisable upon its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to have violated the rules, interfered with the entry process or operation of the raffle, altered or attempted to alter the random outcome of the raffle, violated any law or regulation by participating in the raffle, or fraudulently completed the entry form or provided other false information to Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE CHAMBERS, THE INDIVIDUAL BOARDS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, VOLUNTEERS OR EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, “SPONSORS”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, STATUTORY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WITH RESPECT TO THE RAFFLE AND TO THE PRIZE, THE SPONSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
All taxes, fees, assessments, title and registration fees, insurance, and like charges, associated with the receipt or use of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
WINNERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE, AT THE TIME THE PRIZE IS CLAIMED, FOR PAYMENT TO PARISH OF THE FULL AMOUNT OF ANY FEDERAL INCOME TAX WITHHOLDING CALCULATED WITH RESPECT TO THE FAIR MARKET VALUE OF THE PRIZE, IF APPLICABLE. THE FAILURE TO PAY THE WITHHOLDING AMOUNT AND PROVIDE A VALID TAXPAYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER WILL RESULT IN A FORFEITURE OF THE PRIZE WITHOUT FURTHER RECOURSE IN LAW OR EQUITY. ADDITIONALLY, THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE MAY BE REPORTED TO THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE, IN WHICH CASE THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE AN INFORMATION STATEMENT FROM The Chambers FOR PURPOSES OF FEDERAL INCOME TAX REPORTING. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE TAX CONSEQUENCES OF THE RECEIPT OF THIS PRIZE, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR TAX ADVISOR. PRIZE MUST BE PICKED UP NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 1, 2020.
The value of the prize is as stated, cash value. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for changes in market conditions that may affect the value of a prize. There is no guaranty that a Winner will be able to sell any prize for the estimated value, or that the IRS, or its counterpart in any state’s jurisdiction, will accept the value of the prize for purposes of determining any tax that many be due by the Winner.
Entrants hereby fully release the Sponsors from all liability caused by or resulting from the use or possession of any prize awarded or caused by or resulting from participation in the raffle or any related promotion.
The Chambers assume no responsibility for lost, late, mis-directed or undelivered entry submissions, or any error, delay, or interference with entry.
- EXTENSION OF RAFFLE: At the Chambers sole discretion and option, the dates for the drawing may be extended by no more than thirty days.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Venue of any action brought concerning the Raffle shall be in Charlevoix County, Michigan, and shall not be subject to transfer to another venue or locale for any reason. By entering the Raffle, you agree that you will not commence or participate in any class action litigation or join with any other person in a legal proceeding, concerning the Raffle. The Raffle, these Rules, the entire relationship between you and the Chambers, and any legal proceeding arising therefrom (whether based on contract, tort, law or equity), shall be governed by, construed in accordance with, and enforced pursuant to, the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
- AMENDMENT OF RULES: If, for any reason, the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the Raffle has been compromised, The Chambers reserve the right, exercisable at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the raffle. The Rules may be amended by the Chambers at its sole discretion.