Charlevoix Chamber Scholarship
The Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship is intended to provide financial support and assistance to any high school senior graduating from Charlevoix High School or Charlevoix Montessori Academy for the Arts that deserves assistance. The money awarded is intended to be used by the recipient to cover tuition expenses associated with higher education.
Purpose and Criteria:
The Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship is intended to provide financial support and assistance to a high school senior that deserves assistance covering tuition expenses associated with higher education.
Application Deadline: Must receive no later than April 29, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
109 Mason St.
Charlevoix, MI 49720
Number of Recipients: There will be at least ONE $500 scholarship.
• Must be a graduating high school senior who is planning to attend an accredited vocational school, community college or university.
• Must be accepted to an accredited two or four year institution of higher learning (college or vocational school).
• Must have a 3.0 or better Grade Point Average (GPA)
• Must be either an employee of a company which is a member of the Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce or the child of an employee.
• Immediate family members of the Chamber’s Selection Committee members are ineligible to apply for the Chamber Scholarship.
Applications must include:
• Application Form
• Most recent transcript
• Copy of acceptance letter from college or vocational school
• A minimum of one written reference letter from any Chamber Member
• A 200-300 word essay describing your personal goals and aspirations after college and how your education and talents could benefit the business environment in Charlevoix County.
• Financial need is not necessarily required for the scholarship, but may be taken into consideration by the scholarship committee.
• All students are encouraged to apply regardless of academic merit or financial need status; the scholarship committee will consider all eligible students and will base award decisions on the entire application, not just test scores, grade point average, financial circumstances, etc.
• The Board reserves the right to meet with a candidate when it is felt necessary or appropriate to complete the decision process.
• Winner(s) will be announced at the Senior Honors Convocation or May 18, 2016. Winner is also expected to attend the Chamber of Commerce Business Breakfast on Friday, June 3rd, 2016 (no cost). Location TBD.
2015: Ms. Kourtney Putman
2014: Ms. Jill Dipert
2013: Ms. Sydney Carlson
2012: Ms. Lauren Bartling, Ms. Anne Dipert, Ms. Kelly Greyerbiehl, Mr. William Jeakle
2011: Ms. Katie Mays, Ms. Lindsy Laway, Mr. Thomas Rich
2010: Mr. Beau Boss
2009: Ms. Meredith Rich